ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a turbo nitrous powered 3.1 L engine. I'm gonna eat some of you up at the import drags in Dallas.Be on the lookout for a yellow 240 with a whale tail and 17 inch wheels. U R TOO SLOW!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
quick question for you

How long exactly do you expect your engine to hold up to that kind of use when it's boosted, on nitruous with such thin cylinder walls?

·
Registered
567 Posts
600hp on the dyno???

I've heard alot of big HP claims on this site, but most are estimated and not actual. Have you dyno'ed your engine to get real figures? I assume this is flywheel HP, however still impressive. I would be interested to hear about your setup and whether you can get the car to hook-up or not. I would also be interested to see how long this engine lives. I think it could be made to last but I'm still a little skeptical about it, depending on what you've done to it. It's not hard to build a radical motor if you have the funds, but making one that can take a licking and keep on ticking os another thing entirely (man if that wasn't a shameless cliche I don't know what is!)
Anyway,... good luck.
Tony Rohn

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: 600 HP 3.1 L </b>

I am sure you will but can you drive from New York to Miami with that set up.

Keep us posted how long fun will last.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>I knew I'd get your attention 240Z turbo! </b>

You just can't stand being
outdone ,can you pretzel
boy? We all know you will
only have 500 HP when
your engine is done since
you shout about it
everytime you get a
chance. Just watch out for
the yellow bumble bee in
your rear view mirror,
because the next view you
get will be my tail
lights!! My HP is calculated off best ET to date which is a 9.26 @ 146 MPH. The down side to all this speed is the $40,000 I have spent on this car!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<b>Joking, I could care less if you have more HP!<

I am not in competition with anyone, except to outdue myself. Keep the insults to a minum "Pretzel Boy!" Ever since I read your post, I haven't been able to sleep and I have been pacing my living room non-stop trying to think of a way to be just like you! I will mail you $10 if you can prove you have run those times. I doubt you have. Oh yea, HEY EVERYONE, I'M GONNA HAVE 500HP! WHOO HOOO HOOO, YEE HAW, YIPPY KI YA, WHOO HOO BABY, I'M GONNA HAVE 500HP AND YOUR NOT! TOO BAD EVERYONE, HA HA HA!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Heres what i think

Renaldo, Thats great that you put out 600hp. Just dont come around here looking for competition. Thats not what the Zpeople are about. Oh yeah, try to include something useful for us next time.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'm in Dallas, bring it on.

Really I'm in Fort Worth, but I'll be at the next import drags at the motorplex. Which one will you be attending, Renaldo? I want to be sure to have plenty of batteries for my camera so I can be sure to post pictures of your awesome car. It wiould be nice to have a early Z at these events. be sure to let us know which event you are attending. Of course with a car as fast as yours I'm sure it's had magazine coverage, what issues should I look in? or maybe you are like they guy who posted here last month bragging how fast his car was, but he's never had it on the track and only street races for big money? When you brag like that it helps to post an email address, anonymous claims of high horsepower cars are always going to be looked at skeptically. see ya at the races.
greg
71 240z turbo (member of the under 500 horsepower club)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<b>Hey Derrick!</b>

I suspect this is someone from this forum. Can you not do a trace and see who this person is and what name they usually post under.
Thanks,

James T.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<b>RE: 600 HP 3.1 L </b>

I'd love to go watch you blow your motor or watch you sniffing that nitro and blow something worth less...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Jokes are good too!!

I think there are some people in this forum who need to chill out and joke around a little. It is a sad day when there is an obvious joke posted and suddenly a linching mob is released to seek out the culprit.Easy fellas, laughing is a healthy alternative to to linching, which leaves a ring around the collar the wife won't be too happy about.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You said it SpencZ......

and besides, what if his car is that bad? Good for him. SOunds like he has done a bit to push the envelope. I don't care who you are or how you got to the winners circle as long as you are in a Z!

Renaldo, Sounds like you raised the bar a few ticks....Got any pics of that beast? I might be in Texas for their version of the NEvada SSC in April 2000. Bring it out and see what it does flat out in the desert. I might just let you beat my little 383 Stroker Z!

Chill out guys and have fun...

·
Registered
117 Posts
RE: I knew I'd get your attention 240Z turbo!

My dead stock Z isn't real fast but it is reliable and I like the way it looks. I'm really interested in this auto event in Dallas - is it at the motorplex? When? Where?
I'm in Austin and come to Dallas all the time.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<b>Did you know you would get my attention?</b>

Well, I sent an e-mail to Derrick to find out who you are. The sad part about the whole deal is that it was not a joke. You purposely made that post in hopes that I would make some response as stated in your later post, "I knew I'd get your attention 240Z turbo!" And then the nice comment, "You can't stand to be outdone, can you Pretzel Boy!" It is just pathetic that you are trying to encite a response out of someone to then try and make them look bad. Yes, I like a good joke, that is why I posted "Oh yea, well I have 601HP!" I usually make post in reply to any monster turbo motor claim. We all liked your joke, but I think the real joke is in your pants.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<b>I think this is serious stuff</b>

How could any of you doubt Renaldo is real? I'm personally just completing the swap of a Rolls-Merlin V-12 in my Z. It was rated at about 2,400 hp as it came out of the P-51 donor plane (the only GOOD Mustang, I might add), but I'm going to put at least 5 turbos on it so I can break the mythical 10K horsepower barrier. Of course, to handle all that hp, I had to put a Peterbilt chassis under the car, which makes it look a little odd.

I think we should submit this subject matter to Jerry Springer so we can all go on his show and beat the crap out of each other over it. And while we're at it, let's see who's the best hung of the lot, too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.