ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have given up on my search for the book and I am more then willing to purchase a photocopied version of it. I know some one out there has it...so give a fellow Z guy a break. I am willing to pay shipping cost of photocopying and time and trouble as well. I know this is not legal but who is going to tell :).
Feel free to e-mail me so you will not get bombarded by others out there who will want use my idea, I will be more then willing to do the same for others once I have it.
Zya Travis 77z

·
Registered
403 Posts
RE: 4 Anyone with the Book "How to modify&quo

Hmm if it's out of print could it be scanned into a pdf without constituting copyright infringement? I have a copy (and no it's not for sale) but if it's out of print it might just be legal as long as it's not for gain. Ok all you lawyer types find out for me. I have the software to make pdf files out of postscript files so if this is feasible I suppose I could look into it (might be kinda time consuming though). That way you can print only the stuff you need and it'll look better anyway.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: 4 Anyone with the Book "How to modify&amp

"No part of this book may be reproduced by any means whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher." This is a standard copyright line in most books. Unfortunately they do mean it. I am working in the publishing industry so I know that they also enforce it quite often. Keep it out of public eye if you decide to help your fellow Z-man.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Photocopy me a copy too!

hahahh jarmo you can't get all of us Z people :p
Whats the difference with copying and reading it over the telephone, hey guys let me just borrow your book and use my photographic memory, am i violating a law doing that:)? after all it is a photograph, but travis if you find someone i want a copy as well:)
ZYA!
yuichi <--- opps i shouldn't give my name out:) heheh there's a thousand poeple with the name yuichi, right Grandpa JOE?! in japan!

·
Registered
403 Posts

Ah but jarmo, the key problem there is that the original publisher no longer exists. Course considering how futile enforcing software copyright laws is, how much better can the enforcement of written publications be?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Sounds like you might be able to revive the company with just this one book Travis. What is this book for? Modifying something in particular? I haven't seen any other posts about this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.