ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1971 240 has been rebuilt from the ground up over the last 6 years and ever since i put it back together it has had poor brake pedal feel. The problem seems to be with the brake booster as the pedal goes down the first 1/3rd very easy (but without much braking force to the wheels)and at 2/3rds of the way down it suddenly stops. At 2/3rd down the pedal is rock solid but it feels like the booster is doing nothing. The calipers / wheel cylinders / master cylinder are all rebuilt units and brakes are definately bled properly. I have tried three used boosters with no success. This last booster holds vacuum as per factory specs under both braking and non braking conditions. Please help - running out of patience.

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
check yer pushrod length

Mine was similar, after someone else did the brakes and swapped front for rear on the M/C, found that the pushrod between the booster wasn't adjusted properly, nor was the one inside the car where it attaches to the brake pedal. Have you bled the M/C separately? That can cause problems too--good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.