ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is washed and perty on an engine stand . The motor has about 65k miles on it . I took off cam cover and minor rusties have formed on lobes, steels wool extra fine should do the trick . No metal shavings or broke piston pieces in the pan . The head is coming off this weekend . I expect to find some rust on the pistons, at least that is what the spark plugs tell me .I am going to port & polish the head,test valve springs, do my own multiangle valve job . The cam chain looks a tad loose . I am sticking with the stock head gasket sorry can' swallow $300cdn for an HK$. I figure if the stock gasket blows I better rethink my plan to lower detonation . I think I am going to mirror polish intake and cam cover .

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
RE: 240 turbo how's the engine coming ??

Still waiting on my **** head to be done. I had my machinist in Houston ship back my springs and intkake valves to reinstall on my N-42. I will run this head until mine is done. Bad part is that the compression will be 9.5:1, probably limiting me to about 13psi of boost until my head is finished. I hope to have it running soon.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey Turbo...N-42 still for sale??

Did you have the crack fixed in that head because it may just cost more to have head done on my e-88 and I may see about buying your.....N-42.

Dustin

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
RE: Hey Turbo...N-42 still for sale??

I am going to be running it for a while until my new head is complete. I did not fix anything on it. I talked with several people and they have said I would not need to fix it for now since I only plan to run it for about 1 month. Sorry for now, need to use it for a while longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.