ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I get your attention? haha How's the car running? I've been meaning to ask.
I too would like to hunt down a set of 55f9's (guess I'll order again from Top End)
Do you still feel like you need those 160's? I'd hate to see you waste money. Are you still losing power in the top end? I'm sitting here trying to remember your jet set. 45 pumps right? I recall that your pump jets are too small. I use 60's and find that they give the car the proper Zap. They even worked extremely well in my 40's with the 36mm chokes.
I too have a wide assortment of jets though most of mine are no good to me now because I got my setup almost perfect for my driving habits. I plan to do some more fine tuning this summer, but mostly to confirm my setup. I want to try some 55f9's and 150 mains and 195 airs for my final experiments in my quest for that last drop of hp.
ZR8ED

·
Registered
482 Posts
Too late!! I already did it!!

I too am in quest of that last ounce of hp. This engine is extremely powerful. I can make the rear start to stick out when I shift from 1-2 and from 2-3. That's with my 3.36 R180 and 225 tires. Can't imagine what's going to happen with the 4.11.

Now, for the jets.
This is my current setup:
38mm Chokes
165 Mains
210 Airs
65F9 Idles
45 Pumps

My new THEORETICAL setup:
38mm Chokes
155 Mains
200 Airs
55F9 Idles
50 Pumps

The reason I am running so rich right now, is those were the best jets I had at the time of the install. After all the money spent on the install, I haven't had the time or money to mess with jetting, until now. Plus, I wanted to run a little rich, to avoid any problems, especially since it was such a new engine, and was being broken in. It ran hot for the first 1-2 hours, and gradually has started to cool off. I'm running about 190D right now, and it doesn't fluctuate, so I think it's getting settled.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>Oh no!</b>

Did it work? What about the theoretical set up? Is it ready? If your Car is that fast I REALLY recommend getting the 60's for your pumps. I tried the 50's with my 40's and they just did not give me enough jump. With these new pumps I had a chance to pull up beside a late 80's Z28. (big pipes and tires...yaknow..) He wanted to race (we were doing 80kph) I saw him jump on it and then nailed the gas. Within a split second I was a full car length in front. IT SCARED ME TO DEATH. and that is with 245/45/16's and a 3.9 diff.
Trust me... feel it with the force Obie Wan...
(ya I saw it too)
ZR8ED.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.