ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Z guys. I have a few questions bout the 2.8 and the 3.1. I have a 2.8 turbo with little performance mods done. My cousin is Chris Behney with the 3.1. How does the 3.1 turbo motors run. I know the 3.1 is fast but some guys have told me go with the 3.1 N/A, 3.1 turbo, but Chris says keep the 2.8 and go with a lower compression but i don't really know what to do at this point.The turbo i have right now is overboasting at 8.5 psi so I am putting it in the shop Wed.I want the car to be at least a mid to low 13 quarter mile car. I don't come off the line very fast at all but ihave awesome topend. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Adam Gilbert
Redline Autosport

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: 2.8L or 3.1L?

On the overboosting-Don't you still have the stock popoff valve on your car? If it's still overboosting then you have a major vacuum leak or a stuck wastegate. Don't lower the compression whatever you do. The stock turbo motor has 7.8 to 1, and that's real conservative for a turbo car. I wouldn't go through the expense of the stroker motor. Save your money for an intercooler and put that 8.5 pounds to use. Do you have a 5 speed or an automatic? Get a good K&N air filter, a decent exhaust, run race gas and turb up the boost. You should see a solid 13 second quarter. Need any help, give me a call. I've been doing some auto mechanicing on the side lately and wouldn't mind looking at your car. Plus I can work nights as well as days!
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: 2.8L or 3.1L?</b>

E-mail me a phone number or e-mail address so we can chat bout my z. thanks.

Adam Gilbert
Redline Autosports.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: E-mail Address

Adam Gilbert wrote:
-------------------------------
Ops my e-mail is [email protected]

I always sign my post and post with my email address. It's hyperlinked at top. click on my name. I'll send my phone number to your email address.
greg ([email protected])
71 240z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.