ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where would i go to have my wheels chrome plated like that? i cant find nebody in the phone book somebody help me out plz
_James_

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Chrome sucks. None of my wheels are chrome. Chrome has a tendency to flake off after a couple years. All of my shiney wheels are polished aluminum.

Which wheels are you refering to?

These:

these:

these:

or these:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Okay - the jealously didn't officially set in until I got to the pictures of the Straman Convertible.

**** you! Seriously though - your Straman Convertible is in great shape and your wheels look fantastic! The tires and rims in the last two pictures were my favorites.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
pic 1: polished stock 84/85 NA wheels.
pic 2: polished stock AE/86T wheels.
pic 3: polished stock G35coupe wheels.
pic 4: Motegi Racing Touge 17x9 +24 wheels.

Stock as they come. Not chromed. brushed aluminum look.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i did what AZ_ZBum said to do in his tutorial and my wheels look great. Just takes some time with sanding and if you have any arthritis it can hurt a little bit.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
seems to be down at the moment.

was working an hour ago.

Tech support says it will be back up in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im talkin bout the polished 84 na wheels...where can i find someone to polish them like that??...i think those look awesome...also, zbum when u painted those insets did u use tape or did u just sand off the excess paint when u were done? after reading ur walk-through, i wasnt real clear on that
_James_

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
meh. stuff happens.

pay more attention to the road than to what time you are due at the body shop.

oh well. I am insured. full coverage on the vert.

·
Registered
559 Posts
cool..not too bad then i spose..cept some body shops dont fix it up like new ya know it may always be jacked..either way good luck..at least you didnt wrap it round a pole like i may with the turboz right lol just messin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.