ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there bought and tried their big brake kit? I'm thinking of upgrading from Toyo 4x4's to either Az Z CAR's or SCCA Mike's kit..... Any first hand experince???

Thanks Joel

·
Registered
651 Posts
after losing my brakes at the track up in Cananda at the annual Z convention I wanted those AZ brakes bad. But, there's one hitch. they're made them bigger now and you'll need to go get 16 inch wheels (and 16 inch tires) for the rotors to fit.So a $750 brake upgrade became a $2,000. upgrade. The finance chief said no at my house. I put in cross-drill rotors and Porterfield pads (front and back). A $350. solution.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So since I already have 17" wheels this should not be a problem. I'd like to hear from you guyz that have already bought the set up........ Anyone.......

Thanks Joel
Lake Charles, La.
early 74 260turbo

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I would suggest you take a look at the StrictlyZ big brake kit. It is very similar to the AZ kit, but it includes the Wilwood Billet calipers instead of cast. They are lighter and stiffer. A bonus is that the kit practically the same price.

I have e-mailed them and asked about whether it is bolt on or if it requires modification. No word yet.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Here Goto this Link!!!!

This may take a while to load but please go there and check it out.
I put together some info and images from when I did my brake Upgrade.

<a href=http://zdriver.com/project240z/big_brake_upgrade.php>Big Brake Upgrade</a>

I love the brakes I have on the car now...
=)

Kyle
http://zdriver.com
http://strictlyz.com

·
Registered
168 Posts
JJs72 wrote:
>
> after losing my brakes at the track up in Cananda at the
> annual Z convention I wanted those AZ brakes bad. But,
> there's one hitch. they're made them bigger now and you'll
> need to go get 16 inch wheels (and 16 inch tires) for the
> rotors to fit.So a $750 brake upgrade became a $2,000.
> upgrade. The finance chief said no at my house. I put in
> cross-drill rotors and Porterfield pads (front and back). A
> $350. solution.

AZ Z Car still makes the $750 kit that works with the 15" wheels they just increased the rotor size a bit. But it still uses the same Superlight caliper. I think you are refering to the 13" 6 piston kit that is like $1300.

I have the $750 kit but with the older 11.5" rotors. I'm happy with mine. If you need big brakes get it you won't regret it. Brake fade will be a thing of the past.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I went with the Outlaw 4000 from SSCA/Mike and plan on keeping the stock Corvette disk in the rear so I don't loose the e-brake. Mike is great to work with! He will work with you so you get the setup the way you want it. I could had upgraded the rears with Outlaw 2000 and a spot weld caliper (Parking Only) which is not DOT approved. Plus my rear rotors are 11.5" vented rotors...

Try a search over at Hybridz.org to the same basic brake ?'s... People have both setups there...

Z U V8ter

·
Registered
91 Posts
independent reviews

not sure but the "strictly Z" kit looks a lot like the AZZ one.. i thought he was just selling their stuff but i could be wrong.

check out hybridz for some independent reviews of my brake kits.

oh and i have setups to fit under 15" rims too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.