ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right heres the short version, I was vacumming my car when i noticed some mostoire on the carpet, and since it had been raining down here i didnt think much about, but when i lifted up the carper the padding stuff underneath was soaked so i took all of it out and there it was a crack about six inches in MY floorboard it doesnt look like it goes all the way outside but water was getting in so i guess somewhere down the line it is. so now i have a choice to make 1. sell it 2. fix it 3. pray it goes away. Allright number3 is a little far fetched ( but so is number one) anyway how can this be fixed and how much am i looking at? thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
if i recall motorsport sells replacement parts for that. i have the same exact problem except its a 4in in diameter hole. it should be mabey 100 or less. im thinking about just using my fiberglass bondo crap that i use on the rest of my car because it uses a nice thick mesh. the hole is exactly where i used to put my foot when getting in and out of the car..

will

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:hey will

i talked to a friend of mine and he said that he can replace the the floor pan for a hundred, well not actually replace it but put another piece of metal over the cracking floorpan. what do you think,would just covering it up work?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re:hey will

there should be no reason why not.. i would suggest puting some rust treat ment and some good rust proof paint on both the cracks and the new piece to help prevent it from hapening on down the line. i think i actualy may try that. get a piece of sheat metel cut and bend it to fit and weld it in place..

will

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.