ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I used this kit the other week to drill out some broken exhaust manifold studs from the head and it worked really well. Also helped that I had good access.

Here is one drilled and backed out.



Close to start, one stud removed and replaced with a good bolt to keep some pressure on it. It came in with the rear two broken off below the surface.








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
Wow! That looks like it would work pretty well. I've never visualized using a rig like that, and trying to freehand drilling a broken bolt is a non-starter for me. I'd undoubtedly end up ruining the head if I tried to freehand it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yep, freehand is still hard even if you great access to it.

One was pretty much dead center and the other still did drill a little cockeyed.

I was happy I got the rest out without breaking and only had to drill those two.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top