ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 81 zxt and I am getting a T3/T4 turbo, anyway I am looking to upgrade the fuel pump for increased boost . Anyway I think some of you boys like David and Boost are using these high output pumps . I don't have an Autozone near me so if you can tell me the price and some details about the pump I sure would appreciate it.
Merry HO HO HUGH

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> Hi I have an 81 zxt and I am getting a T3/T4
> turbo, anyway I am looking to upgrade the
> fuel pump for increased boost . Anyway I
> think some of you boys like David and Boost
> are using these high output pumps . I don't
> have an Autozone near me so if you can tell
> me the price and some details about the pump
> I sure would appreciate it.
> Merry HO HO HUGH

The part number is E8248. Not sure what application it is designed for they had to order mine. Got it about two years ago for around $100.00. Has a lifetime warranty. I wish I knew more about the technical side of it (flow per hour, that sort of stuff). I installed it in the stock location, and had to run new wire to power it. It stays on constantly while the motor is running, the factory fuel pump wiring will not work. The reason I bought it was another guy I knew with the same set up as BOOST was using it to put his 280 into the high 12's also. E-mail me if you would like the number of the shop that recommeded it to me, they probably know more of the specifics of it. Or if BOOST is still around he can probably give you a more detailed answer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
> Clint the part # Dave gave you is correct. It is a pump for either a Ford 460 or a Chevy 454...can't remember. Anyhooo the pump is fairly good but the important thing is that you get a fuel pressure regulator from Bell. The stock injectors can only feed about 11-12psi of boost without the added fuel of the Bell unit. If you are not intercooled then don't worry about the Bell unit. If you have the intercooler than you can run 17psi with the bell unit for enrichment. Make sure to test the fuel pump when you get it by hooking up a f.p. gauge. This is especially important with the Bell unit because the unit increases the fuel press. under boost. If under condition of greater fuel pressure than stock ie..60-80psi the unit should hold a constant rate. This means that It should not spike and then fall back to stock levels ie..55psi. If it does this than the pump is bad. We have run into a couple that would not produce enough pressure and hold it. The pump should easily sustaine 90psi. A good pump is quite adequate. The Autozone pump is feeding my mid twelve sec Z.

Hi I have an 81 zxt and I am getting a T3/T4
> turbo, anyway I am looking to upgrade the
> fuel pump for increased boost . Anyway I
> think some of you boys like David and Boost
> are using these high output pumps . I don't
> have an Autozone near me so if you can tell
> me the price and some details about the pump
> I sure would appreciate it.
> Merry HO HO HUGH

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would all this work on a non-turbo 82 280zx? or is it just the turbo models because I am looking into getting a new fuel pump and wider trotal boddy?

come.to/izcar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.