ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted a note a week or so back on the easy installation of the Dichroic conversion I thought I would update you. Drove for the first time at night and even with the lower wattage 55/65 hi-lo the lighting was much better than stock.. I would recommend them..

·
Registered
105 Posts
> As I posted a note a week or so back on the
> easy installation of the Dichroic conversion
> I thought I would update you. Drove for the
> first time at night and even with the lower
> wattage 55/65 hi-lo the lighting was
> much better than stock.. I would
> recommend them..
Did you install with or without relays? I just got a set, and was thinking about installing relays because I had heard that it was neccessary.
Thanks
paul

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Paul. I did not use the relays as I just wanted to get the lights working quickly. The lower wattage bulbs are a lot brighter than stock and I would imagine that the relays would be even better in this setup. The only problem I can see is that the relays need to be in the engine compartment and tracing the wires might give you a hassle. I will install relays in the future but I freeze my butt off here in Pa.. Waiting for warm weather..

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hate to jump into your conversation but, I installed the conv kit also and did not use the relays. The lights are so much more bright than stock. On a 260 the headlights use a independant fuse and relay for each light so I dont think you really need a relay with the low wattage bulbs. Anyway they work great.
Dan

·
Registered
685 Posts
> Hate to jump into your conversation but, I
> installed the conv kit also and did not use
> the relays. The lights are so much more
> bright than stock. On a 260 the headlights
> use a independant fuse and relay for each
> light so I dont think you really need a
> relay with the low wattage bulbs. Anyway
> they work great.
> Dan
They do work well beyond awesome!I have the higher wattage 90/100 I dont see the need for any relays.But my fuses do get warm.JIM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.