ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering if the vast knowledge knows of where or who I can get a rebuild kit for an 81 automatic tranny in a TurboZ. Also, I was looking for a complete kit including the seals, clutch packs and bearings. I like the smoothness and low maintenance of the tranny, but I know it needs the overhaul. Does anyone know of a shift kit or valve recalibration kit that someone sells? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
most auto parts stores should be able to order the kit. also look in the yellow pages for a transmission shop that sells parts. they may have a better price. transgo/mr.shift/sk probably still makes a shift kit for the jatco tranny. these are a very popular tranny. they are also fairly easy to rebuild. they're a carbon copy of a ford c-4, just none of the parts interchange. you will need some special tools if you're going to do it yourself. there's also some clearances you should check when assembling. let me know if you need some help.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How about a four speed auto. Like you I love the automatic my Z has installed. I am attempting to install a four speed from a 83 Maxima into my 77 280Z. Also, exploring the possiblilty of installing a lock up torque converter also. If you are interested let me know and I cam e-mail the prints and procedure that a fellow Z owner shared with me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How about a four speed auto. Like you I love the automatic my Z has installed. I am attempting to install a four speed from a 83 Maxima into my 77 280Z. Also, exploring the possiblilty of installing a lock up torque converter also. If you are interested let me know and I cam e-mail the prints and procedure that a fellow Z owner shared with me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
> How about a four speed auto. Like you I love
> the automatic my Z has installed. I am
> attempting to install a four speed from a 83
> Maxima into my 77 280Z. Also, exploring the
> possiblilty of installing a lock up torque
> converter also. If you are interested let me
> know and I cam e-mail the prints and
> procedure that a fellow Z owner shared with
> me.

That would be great if you would send that info to me-------is that trans as strong as the Z version? I believe they use the same engine configuration as the Z but was wondering of the tranny. Can you build up that tranny(i.e. shift kit)? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Hey, I was wondering if the vast knowledge
> knows of where or who I can get a rebuild
> kit for an 81 automatic tranny in a TurboZ.
> Also, I was looking for a complete kit
> including the seals, clutch packs and
> bearings. I like the smoothness and low
> maintenance of the tranny, but I know it
> needs the overhaul. Does anyone know of a
> shift kit or valve recalibration kit that
> someone sells? Thanks for any help.
We sell the standard rebuild kit for this turbo automatic for 92.00 + bands if you need them. They are an additional 36.00 each.
I haven't sold any shift kits for these, but I have known these transmissions to take a lot of abuse in the stock form. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Jon wrote:
-------------------------------

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Jon, I am interested in your reference to "prints and procedure for swapping a 4 speed 83-84 Maxima auto trans into a '72 auto. Can you send this to me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.