ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already looked in the archieves and their is no real definate answer to IS their a SHIFT kit for the 240Z 3 spd Tranny??
Are their any better 4 speed automatic tranny's that can shift quicker and take more HP and Torque.

Are their a better auto tranny or a shift kit for a 3spd in the 240z??

Dustin

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>At one time!</b>

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away someone made a shift kit for the Z auto tranny. Actually it was B&M. They made about 200 of these kits and sold about 5. Subsequently, they scrapped the remainders over the years. Art car transmissions will make your auto tranny survive up to 750hp and give your torque convertor a specified stall speed. And it only costs $2.5K. You should call them up and ask what it would cost to just slightly beef up the tranny. Give up on the head?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Automatic Tranny questions..Shift kits??</b

I understand that there is an import performance shop in Arlington Tx. ,that is doing upgrades to the Nissan automatic trans. I personally rode in a late model supercharged maxima that they did and it shifts hard enough at to bark the tires in second at any speed. I was very impressed. I plan to run a 4speed auto in my 78 turbo Z very soon with the same mods.
If you have any questions give Steve a call at Alamo Autosports (817) 860-4300

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Automatic Tranny questions..Shift kits??</b

I understand that there is an import performance shop in Arlington Tx. ,that is doing upgrades to the Nissan automatic trans. I personally rode in a late model supercharged maxima that they did and it shifts hard enough at to bark the tires in second at any speed. I was very impressed. I plan to run a 4speed auto in my 78 turbo Z very soon with the same mods.
If you have any questions give Steve a call at Alamo Autosports (817) 860-4300

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.