ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 90 TT i CANNOT have the "REC" and "ECON" button on at the same time.

On my 90 NA 2+2 i CAN have the "REC" and "ECON" on at the same time...

whatta u guys think??

id like to have the TT work like the NA. And have the compressor off while having the recirc on.

How do your guys work?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Change where the air is blowing out of and see if that makes a difference. Why would you want to recirculate unair-conditioned air inside the car anyway?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Well it helps as a temporary solution to driving through smoke or some other foul small for a few miles to keep from pulling in bad air.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
The '90 version of the climate system had funky control software. Nissan made changes to address complaints with the '91 version...

·
Registered
605 Posts
My 90 works the same. You just have to hit both buttons when you tuck in behind that soot belching diesel school bus! First the econ then the recirc.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id like to have the recirc on with the ac compressor off in the cold weather. I dont always need to have the ac compressor engaged just to have heat. Also with the recirc on it allows the cabin to get warmer faster and stay warmer. Another negiative is the loss of power with the compressor clutch engagged.

call me picky

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Tried it today in my 90. Did not work with both buttons.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
I always thought it was weird that when yuo engaged the AC it feels like the car has a heart attack. With a 3.0l v6 you wouldn't think that it woudl effect it so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.