ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a problem with the temp control for AC/Heat. Its blows cold when all the way to cold side but the min. I move it the the different temp settings it goes full hot. I checked the vacuum lines and they seem fine. The vent dampers change fine from def to vent to floor. When it goes full hot it moves to the floor. When I move it full cold it changes to vents. I checked the temp sensor and the little fan that pulls air across them and its working. Is it possible the little control cpu is bad? Is it possible that a hot/cold damper exists and is stuck? Its kind of a pain regulating the temp having to turn it off and on manually. Does this on Economy and Hi/Auto/Lo, doesn't matter what setting its on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You will probably be disappointed to learn this but there's nothing you can do to fix the current setup. This is a common problem with ZX's. The temperature amplifier goes out and the auto air quits. The part is unavailable. The reason you have heat/cold is that the temperature switch turns vacuum on and off when it goes from full cold to anything but full cold.

Most people get a whole replacement setup from a junk yard and convert it to manual temp control.

Bob A.
'83 280ZX N/A

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know where the temp amplifier is located and is it possible to find a working one, or is it repairable if I know about circuits?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.