Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Can anybody tell me about an apparent feature on early 240Z AM radios that seems to be some kind of "auto seek" feature?

In a 71 240Z parts car that recently came into my parts yard, I was amazed to see a feature work on a 240Z AM only radio that I did not know existed, some kind of station "auto seek" or scan feature.

Pushing in the tuner knob would cause the tuner knob to turn mechanically (electric motor I suppose?) and the station pointer to move back and forth across the face as if it were seeking a signal? Anybody know about this feature that can tell me more about it? I had always thought that all Z car AM and early AM/FM radios were hand tuned only?

I collect as many early 240Z AM radios as I can, but have actually only had one original, working AM/FM radio in any of my own 240Zs and I do not remember seeing that feature before.

Eric Neyerlin of Z PARTS
----------------------------------
E-mail: [email protected]
HTTP://WWW.ZPARTS.COM

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: "Auto Seek" feature on 240Z AM radio

Read the related thread:
http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=222561&t=222506

To set a preset:
Grab one of the selector buttons, then pull out firmly, then push in completely. That button will now be preset for the station you are listening to. Now set the others. My experience has been that the station indicator is pretty inaccurate, and that the stations drift a little. So from day to day the presets will be close to the station, but not right on.

ConorP

·
Registered
307 Posts

Ya, Pretty cool for ity's day huh? I have the manual on this radio and indeed it is an auto seek, mine still will find channels that way. If it just goes backa nd forth it hasen't found a strong enough channel. There is a local - distance switch, Set it for distance and it will be less selective.

RDB

·
Registered
42 Posts

Eric, i have a 71 radio with the Auto seek feature. It has a large toggle type switch mounted next to it. It is a Hatachi Model # TM-10812B(s). I also have an owners manual that show the operation. I would be glad to sent any inforamtion you need.
Don Pappe
IZCC #7130
Seattle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.