ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im kinda poor... but i wanna get a sound system... i need an amp and a sub and i have about 200 bucks to play with... my head unit is kenwood and the other speakers are pioneer (they sound great) the system doesnt need to be great, i am just lookin for a little extra thump so that ppl outside of the car can hear it well.

any suggestions?

thanks
zelotic

·
Registered
373 Posts
doesn't your 300z have a built in Ampif it does it is under the passenger seat mounted to the floor .
Hope this helps

·
Registered
880 Posts
i bought two rockford fosgate 12's in a box for 200 dollars used. then i got a cheap 500w amp from a friend for free.. bought a 30 dollar wireing kit... and my 300zx pounded way hard.. honestly it hit too hard so i sold it all.. used the money to buy my apexi s-afc.. anyway~ look around, i found this deal pretty easy and it turned out to be an awesome system.

good luck

·
Registered
123 Posts
go to wal-mart get soney xplod 10" subs $50 each they have cheap boxes about $20 each and a 500 watt amp $100 they pound!!! all together $240+ tax they look good to

86 300zx turbo all sony!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
if you can wait, and save, get something good.. kicker, rockford fosgate, jl audio, memphis audio.. i have always ran kicker and rockford, jl audio is probably what i would consider top notch. if you just want some low end, go to walmart, if ya want good quality bumps... get the good stuff

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
You do not want to waste money on crap like xplod or any other cheap and nasty gear similiar, seriously. You'd be better off trying to find something second hand that's semi decent as suggested above, but utimately the idea is to save up more cash and buy something kickass later; rather than something crappy now. That $200 could be a deposit on something nice; I personally like clarion/kenwood/JL and wouldn't touch xplod gear with a 10 foot pole lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its not that i dont have enough money now... its that i am going to college in the not so distant future (4 months) and i want something that will sound decent. it doesnt have to be top dollar and i dont plan on upgrading it until im outta college or until i know i have the finances to do it.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
get a nice single 10" or 12" and a decent quality amp. If you can't wire it yourself, find a friend to do it for free, it'll save you lots 'o money.

·
Registered
880 Posts
kicker sells some lower class subs that i would still consider very good.. they are pretty cheap too...

·
Registered
868 Posts
The sony xplods will be fine for what you want. Go to WalMart and pick one up and a sony amp. Thats what I use in my tt and it rocks. I built a custom box for mine though. The boxes as walmart suck.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Check the classified ads of your local paper.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
where does Alpine rank in the scheme of things audio?

·
Registered
880 Posts
good ..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have two brand new in the box 10 " subs pioneer 350 watts each I will sell you if you are interested. You will need to build or buy a box and I might have a extra amp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am running two 10" Kicker subs with a 1000 watt Xplode amp. For what I payed, not bad... Kind of disappointed though... Does not sound NEARLY like 1000 watts should.

·
Registered
880 Posts
i wouldnt always believe what manufacturers tell you when they are selling a 1000 watt amp for as cheap as they do... go see what a kicker 1000 watt amp cost, or a fosgate amp, then compare to the 1000 watt cheapo amp cost.its very easy to find people advertising cheap subs that hold like 1200 watts... yet my fosgate 400w subs blew them out of the water. i would suggest buying name brand stuff second hand... when i bought my fosgates, my friend had them in a chevy truck along with two solobaric kickers.. his truck pounded so hard it literally hurt my body to sit in it. I figured if he couldnt blow them neither could i, and they slammed very nicely in my shiro.. although i must say, as a young person, i bought them becuase people think they are cool.. i ended up getting tired of the headache and sold them. i dont know how much money you have, or what you want in a system.. but if you want good tunes, no matter what type, and you want people to like it.. get named brand stuff how ever you can.. legally.. of course~ lol order a crutchfield catalog from there site, they are free and have an insane amount of audio gear for home/cars. They generally carry good/great stuff.. use this catalog to deside what you want, and go find it used. It is also very easy to wire a system in, anyone can do it.. if you cant like someone else said, find a friend that can. there is no point in paying what it cost to have one wired when it is so easy to do.. i wire all my stuff and have since my first audio set-up.. the worst thing i have ever done was hook rca cables up backwards, and the subs were distorted. i swap them around, and with no harm done they pounded like they should. good luck

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
troy send me an email at [email protected] let me know if you have an extra amp and what not....

thanks for everyones opinion
zelotic

·
Registered
123 Posts
this guy isin't loded he has $200 you pepole are talking about rockford and kicker and JL... sony xplod does not suck i have a sony xplod head unit $350 2 sony xplod 51/4" door speaker's $36 2 sony xplod 10" sub's $60 each and 2-8" road gear sub's $20 each and a VR3 compacitor $100 2-10" and 2-8" wal-mart boxe's $20 each ya the boxe's are kind of shitty and a cheap amp kit $25 "you guy's are just talking **** about sony because you spent so much on your system that you could not afford a nice car so you drive a piece of **** that pound's" "and if you sony bashing ass holes" can do math which i doubt thats $746 i paid $3000 for my 86 300zx turbo and i'm not going to pay more than half what i paid for my car for a stereo system!!!!! stick that in your pipe and smoke it

86 300zx turbo no mod's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.