ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you need to have more fuel pressure? I am looking into an adjustable fuel pressure reg. and maybe a bigger pump. I'm starting to tap into some areas that I'm not as familair with yet.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TT pump with Z1's 675rs turbos, 850cc inj., doolz intake, full exhaust, ash ecu w/dual boot eprom, water/alchohol injection, bottom engine built and debating heads now. So I'm trying to guesstimate what I'll need for fuel delivery and hp level after fine tune.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
How much HP are you going to be running? And also how many LPH is the stock TT pump cause I dont remember off hand. Let me know that and I can helo figure out where it will max out at.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Ok its dyno time....

Best way to tell is to have the car professionally "Tuned" on a dyno. It took a full day to dial in the fuel map on our 240 for optimum results. We ran dual walbro with -8 fuel lines and rail with 96# injectors for an output of around 500 HP to the crank at only 18psi of boost. This car sucks down so much fuel it deserves its own refinery. BUT its needed to keep the car from leaning out. I would find a good tuner and give that person the cars specs for a starting point.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
You don't need to fly Ash out to do your tune. There are many tuners around the country that can do as good or better then Ash. It's easier if you live around a large city, but you'd be surprised at what's out there. Call around and get referrals. Find a tuner that has had experience with your engine type and control system. Most reputable dyno shops will have a list of tuners that they will recommend.

The best way to tell if you're fuel requirements are being met is with a dyno and a wide Band A/F meter. A fuel pressure gauge will also tell you if your fuel pump is able to keep up during high load points and if you're staying in regulation at idle. An EGT gauge is a plus for tuning ignition timing. The stock TT fuel pump should be good to just over 650hp.

Post Edited (Jan 22, 7:42am)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I know russel is running two STOCK TT fuel pumps in his car. I have a Fuel Pressure regulator on my '92 NA, its the NISMO version. It has come in handy dialing in the A/F ratio. But what MaxDOC is saying is true. To get a true idea of how much fuel is needed, you need to have a few dyno session to get the basic idea. Then if you see that you are maxing out the fuel pump. Then you know you need to go home, adjust your setup, and then return to the dyno.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.