Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all,

What i'm currently wondering about now is what you guys think about switching my AT in for a 5 speed, all the disadvantages and advantages and is it worth it? any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks a lot
yuichi 81Zx n/a AT

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> hiya all,

> What i'm currently wondering about now is
> what you guys think about switching my AT in
> for a 5 speed, all the disadvantages and
> advantages and is it worth it? any advice
> would be greatly appreciated
> thanks a lot
> yuichi 81Zx n/a AT

I did it with NO REGRETS!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
>I HAVE A STOCK 82 ZX WITH A AUTO TRANS.
I HAVE RACED ALOT OF OTHER 79-83 ZX 'S WITH MANUAL TRANS. AND THEY WERE NO COMPATION PLUS THE JATCO TRANS. IS UNBETABLE IN RELIABLITY.
YOU ALSO HAVE TO TAKE IN TO CONSEDRATION THAT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE YOUR DASH TO MOUNT ALL THE HARDWARE NEED FOR MANUAL TRANS.

MD MIZE

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I HAVE RACED ALOT OF OTHER 79-83 ZX 'S WITH
> MANUAL TRANS. AND THEY WERE NO COMPATION
> PLUS THE JATCO TRANS. IS UNBETABLE IN
> RELIABLITY.
> YOU ALSO HAVE TO TAKE IN TO CONSEDRATION
> THAT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE YOUR DASH TO MOUNT
> ALL THE HARDWARE NEED FOR MANUAL TRANS.

> MD MIZE

I put in my manual trans hardware (clutch pedal, new brake pedal, clutch master cyl.) without removing the dash. The pedal assembly that is for a automatic already has the mounts for the clutch pedal. It is a pain in the ass to get the bolt for the clutch pedal to line up with the pedal assembly still attached to the dash... but it can be done! I know because I did it! Belive me, it will be easier to cuss and scrape up your hands to bolt in the clutch than to remove the dash!
You will have to swap out the brake pedal due to the automatic version is too big.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.