ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought they were interchangeable, but centerforce lists two different clutch part numbers for them. I thought there was basically a 225 stock flywheel and then there was the bigger 240mm turbo and 2+2 one. Is there a difference? I will be looking for one pretty soon
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
85 Posts
Greg this is just my opinion so take this as you like. I believe that by there bolt patterns that all of these units are interchangeable. Where each of these application change are in weight and diameter. The reason that the turbo flywheel is larger in diameter is to maintain the higher rotating speeds necessary for maintaining RPM and boost time during shifting. On the other hand with a N/A engine flywheel diameter and weight would depend on each specific application. The lighter the flywheel is it will provide the engine the ability to accelerate faster and slow faster. The smaller the flywheel's diameter is will move the rotating mass inward also increasing acceleration times. As for the diference between the Coupe models and the 2+2 models I would believe to be only in the overall weight of each unit. Size or diameter of these units should be the same. The reason for a weight difference between these units could only be explained because of the differences in car weight between the coupe and 2+2, my opinion. Secondly the differences in clutches would also come from car weight differences requiring different gripping compounds and internal springs.. As for exact specifics you would be best to check Nissan for interchangeability and weights of each unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.