ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my '70 240Z for sale on this forum and the Classic Cars website. I recently got a solicitation from [email protected] telling me that my car is ... in demand in other countries...will bring higher prices in other countries...worldwide auction service... They want $100 up front for the listing and then 5% of the selling price. Can anyone give me info on these people? Are they legitimate? Or just collecting a $100 fee and few results? Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
>I recently got a solicitation from
> [email protected]

There's your first clue.. if they haven't even gone to the trouble of getting their own domain (which is getting very easy and cheap) the chances of this being a real service with lots of potential bidders is very low.

> They want $100 up front for the listing

There's your second clue! I would NEVER pay any kind of upfront fee (much less $100!) without a known circulation and track record, such as newspaper ads or Ebay.

There may very well be legit auto auctions around but I doubt this is one of them. Chances are you'd pay your $100 and never get any real bites. Would you pay overseas shipping costs to buy a car that you haven't even seen?

I wouldn't touch this one with a ten-foot pole.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.