ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to restore my 79 280zx and will be hitting the wrecking yards soon. I will need the front fenders and some interior parts, plus some minor engine stuff - What will work?

Also, the car has been sitting for about 5 years. Other than draining the fuel tank, what else should I check for before trying to fire it up?

Any help or info you might offer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Russ in Sacramento

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
You Need Books!

The two that'll answer all your questions about parts interchangability and restoration are the "Haynes Datsun 280ZX Automotive Repair Manual 1979-1883," and "The Illustrated Datsun/Nissan Sports Car Buyers Guide" by John Matras. Both can be gotten locally in Sacramento or at http://www.victoriabritish.com. If you go shopping at the junk yards before you do your homework, a lot of what you buy is gonna become garage clutter. Take it from ol' Slim, I learned this lesson the hard way.

·
Registered
680 Posts
RE: You Need Books!

I agree with zxslim But I think the chiltons (8846) 52800 it a better book.it has all the wireing and vacuum diagrams. Dont repeat dont get the reg. chiltons guide they sucx.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Most parts are. The wiring harrness isnt. What color inter do you have? Im Going your way to the meet in so cal next few weeks maybe I could get rid of some of my parts and you could save some money!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.