ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ithink I finally found my hesitation/stumbling problem.
I'v changed practically everything on the engine and the engine still hesitates. I've changed distributor, airflow meter, o2 sensor, all vacumn lines, injectors, fuel regulator, fuel pump, ...etc. When I replaced the fuel pump I noticed the hesitation became worse it start to jerk the car when I gave it more gas.
I found this one web site that is like an old mailing list that people were having problems with converting from carbs to efi. They were having stumbling/hesitation problems like the problems I am having. It Turns out that in the gas tank of carb cars do not have a resevoir for the fuel pickup and fuel injected engines need to have a constant supply of fuel.
The two fuel pumps (old and new) both of a wierd sound that sounds like sand in the pump. I'm thinking that the hose that goes from the top of the tank to the pump has a hole in it. It's just enough to suck air into the fuel system.
After 16 years the hose is probably pretty well dry rotted like everything else rubber on the car.

Tonight I'm going to replace that line and hopefully it will fix this problem.

I hope this will help out alot of people out their.
Russell

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Anyone with Hesitation problems Read This.(

I have the same problem (exact same). The second mechanic says its a fuel pump problem. I will find out this weekend. I would also like to do the hose replacement you are talking about, where is this hose located?

Craig76Z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Anyone with Hesitation problems Read This.(

i have put a 83 280zx turbo motor in my 73 240z and am also having starvations of sorts and cant find a solution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.