ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this site has a classifieds but it doesn't look like many people use it and I need these parts ASAP. I have an 84 Turbo so I figured installing my new Tokico's would be a breeze. Turns out sometime in the cars life someone had put on NA struts/shocks all the way around. So basicly Im looking for the turbo strut tubes and the mounts for the shocks in the rear. If anyone can help me out I would be very grateful. (I already called every junkyard in a 100 mile radius just to hear alot of "Nissan?? We ain't got no Nissan here")

Don't like looking like an ass posting a classified here but I need these parts!

P.S. I'm in Ohio

Post Edited (Jul 12, 9:15am)

·
Registered
458 Posts
you shouldnt need a tube for the back

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
does anyone have pictures of these tubes and mounts? Im curious to see what a set looks like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The back doesn't have tubes, but it has different mounts for the shocks. Only the front has tubes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did post a classified ad on z31.com last week. No responses as of now. But I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
in the back you just need shocks there are no struts, in the front if someone swaped the N/A struts it's probably cheaper and easier to just by the struts that go on the N/A, I know you probably want the 5-way adj's but if it was me I'll have to work with what I got, at least until you find the parts you are looking for and then list the N/A stuff on ebay and you'll get some of your money back.
thats my .02

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have the Tokico's so I don't want to sell those and rebuy NA struts. Someone has got to have a turbo parts car laying around and it's not like these strut tubes are in high demand. And I was told the rear shocks mount differently from turbo vs NA so I need the turbo mounts. Looks like it's harder than I thought to find these parts.

·
Registered
958 Posts
lol. Well Jeff, I don't have a turbo parts car, but I'm going to the junkyard near me, and we always have a few Z's around. I'll take a look for you, and see if I can help you out. I very well may be able to if your only looking for the tubes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be amazing. I need the tubes and the shock mounts in the rear if you have time. Where are you from anyway? Thanks again! Even if you don't find them I appreciate the effort! :)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Im still not getting it. why is the turbo "mounts" different then the NAs? and why are these "tubes" different too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The turbo tubes are larger than the NA tubes so the 5 way Tokico's won't fit in the NA tube.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.