ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get soe info on how you managed to install the wastegate, the turbine to the manifold and the downpipe to the V band.

Please help
I am about to make the purchase

Is the Deltagate good enough?
is the Godzila Bypass good enough too?
anything better?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: Anyone with a T04 O,P or Q in the turbine side

> I would like to get soe info on how you
> managed to install the wastegate, the
> turbine to the manifold and the downpipe to
> the V band.

> Please help
> I am about to make the purchase

> Is the Deltagate good enough?
> is the Godzila Bypass good enough too?
> anything better?

Go here Carlos you can compare all turbos available for your Z engine . Type in all your inputs and you can compare compressor maps . You will probably decide that the 60-1 is too big for street anyway, part of your rpm will be before surge line not good .

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

Of course you know that O, P, and Q trims are for t4 turbines! Anyway, I have done alot of research on what size should be used for a streetable car. You can run a big 60-1 and still retain spoolup w/ stock cam. What I have found to be recommended is the O-trim with .81 a/r or you can go to the bigger P-trim with .58 a/r housing which is what I am using. The bigger compressor wheel plays only a small roll in loss of spoolup, the turbine and housing setup will dictate 90% of spoolup characteristics. Now for the wastegate. The deltagate is fine for lower hp applications, but the racegate is what you will want for a big turbo like that. The deltagate will not flow enough for high boost on a big turbo. You will more than likely run into boost creep problems if you do run it. Sounds like you are going balls to the wall! Cool!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Question on boost creap

I am just a little curious on what exactly boost creep is. I am getting through the TurboCharger book I have, but have not gotten to it and am very curious just for thinking.
Thanks,
Joshua L.

Also, 240Z turbo, how is your engine coming? What are you using for intake? I saw you have your other one for sale. About the valves you are using, I saw that they are not for 80 and newer heads I believe. Is that true, what are the differences, longer stems?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Re: Question on boost creap

Boost creep occurs when the wastegate cannot bypass enough exhaust around the turbine wheel to limit the boost pressure to a desired setting. Therefore the turbine wheel gets too much exhaust and spins up higher than wanted creating excess boost.
I have built my own intake manifold from scratch and it is nearly complete. It consists of very short runners from a set of Webber carbs and a plenum from one of Cartech's old turbo systems. The plenum has been modified and has a taper to help better distribute charge amongst the cylinders. The only thing remaining is to create bosses for the injectors.
I run SS valves on my N-42 head. The P-79 and P-90 head used a shorter valve. Although SS valves are readily available for the E-31, E-88, N-42 and N-47, they are also available for the P-79 and P-90. Just a little bit more expensive to have made for those particular heads.

·
Registered
486 Posts
240Z turbo

I am just curious, are you using the N47 for your new turbo project? Thanks for the explanation on the boost creap, I did not think it could be that big of a deal, but appearantly it is. How is your engine coming. By the way, if you do not mind, what is your profession? It seems you are an engineer or of the sorts. Don't answer if you do not want to. Thanks again.
Joshua L.

·
Registered
270 Posts

> I would like to get soe info on how you
> managed to install the wastegate, the
> turbine to the manifold and the downpipe to
> the V band.

> Please help
> I am about to make the purchase

> Is the Deltagate good enough?
> is the Godzila Bypass good enough too?
> anything better?

I'm running a T04 60-1 compressor with the stock T3 turbine and I love it. I'm running 12-15psi depending on what I'm doing and I'm not having a problem with boost-creep (stock internal wastegate) external boost controler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.