ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry i dont have a place to post it so i have to send it in email. Please make a post or give me your email address and i love to send you a pic or two.

Thanks- Evan

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: then look here!!

Evan's car. Doesn't look purple to me? Does look very nice, though. Click on the picture for an up close and personal view. Warning-large file ahead
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: don't mind me....

I'm just practicing my html skills. Guess I need more practice. At least the link worked.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: then look here!!

I would like to thank Greg for putting my ride on his server! The reason the car is "purple" is because when the sun hits it at the right angle it goes from blue to purple. It is very dirty in this pic too. When i got it back from the body shop it was really purple and "blued" out as the paint cured.

Thanks and happy viewing- Evan

PS please give me any commentary that you feel necisary. I can take it, hehe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Fine looking car.... I liked the carbs....</b>

Evan,

That is one fine looking car ya got there. looks like a real nice gloss on it too!!! Doesn't look dirty to me....

Tell me about it... How did you get it? What have ya done to it? How long have ya been putting it together?

Thanks for sharing the pic!

Dennis

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks dennis- heres the background

I bought the car aproximately 3 years ago(I was a jr in high school). It was a total POS, i live in an area where there are really no early z cars. Mine was the first i had ever seen, saved up my cash for 8mos beforehand, and bought it two days after i looked at it for 1000 bucks, it was a driver though.

The car has been a work in progress for a long time, just got to drive it for the first time last fall (freshman in college!). The main reason was money, i decided to put the best i could afford into my car,it paid off too. I am very happy with the outcome. As of yet the engine has 1000 miles on it along with everything else. The paint job was the last thing on the list, it spent 4 months in the bodyshop getting cleaned up and painted. It was really worth it though.

I basically went aftermarket on anything i could, In my mind it makes it "my" car.

The mechanicals are, cam header exhaust, crane hi-6, mallory unilite distributer, zx trans and 390 rear. Autometer gauges too. Tokico adjustable shocks, eibach springs and MSA swaybars and waiting for strutbars.

My favorite of the creature comforts is the BMW recaro seats!

Thanks for listening to my life story guys!- Evan

PS- dennis, the car is actually really dirty, that paint is like a mirror when its clean. In real life there were water spots all over from driving in the rain the day before.

·
Registered
22 Posts
RE: Thanks dennis- heres the background

Wow! that is a nice car, and if that's what it looks like dirty . . . I'm curious about your recaro seats. What year and model BMW did you pull them out of?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone- And Opie83ZXT, im changing my nam

Thanks for the nice words guys! I really apreciate it, there are no other Z's near me so its cool to get a pic out there! Just for U guys I am gonna change my name to blue/purple240. Just because noone agrees on the actual color, not even the bodyshop!

Evan

PS- Opie, you musta thought i got the color off the MSA catalog!! Yuck, my cars kinda Blue/Purple I guess.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
You guys are great!

Thanks again for the words of encoragement! It is nice to hear things besides "datsun?". Even the camaros like me, got what have I done?? I didnt expect such a response, now you guys got me going so I am gonna have to go wash the Z and take some decent pics. The ones i had were kinda blurry but they got scanned anyway. I would love to get posted on some z sites, so if your game, please email me!

Thanks guys- You are the only Zbuddies i got and your approval feels really nice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.