Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on TT.net too...

any problems? what did you need to splice? i guess the A/C fan will only run on one speed, but is this a problem? is it worth running a single wire from the ECU to the A/C condenser fan? boost controller will be aftermarket too. thanks!
dave

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
From Z1's tech page, regarding the electrical issues in an NA-TT swap:

ELECTRICAL

1. Nissan claimed the TT coil packs were different a couple years ago and charged a lot more for them. I checked them and found that they were the same and now Nissan lists them as the same. I guess they got caught on that one.

2. Of course the ECU is different, along with a different transmission computer on the automatics, other than that there are no control units that must be changed. We can upgrade a NA ECU to upgraded TT specs for $350 which is usually a better idea than buying a TT ECU then
paying to have it upgraded later.

3. The main engine (EFI) harness is different also, but a NA harness will work in an TT, you just will not have the connections for the boost control solenoids which you don’t need anyway if you have a boost controller. I don’t recommend wasting your time with the conversion if you are too
cheap to buy a boost controller. If necessary we have an easy way to remove the engine harness without removing hardly anything inside the car. There is an aluminum bracket bolted right inside the firewall that makes the engine harness difficult to change. The bracket is bolted in
behind the heater core and AC evaporator so it is hard to remove from the inside. We take a pneumatic reciprocating saw and cut the passenger side of the bracket into from inside the engine bay and then with some prying the bracket pivots around on one bolt and moves out of your way.

4. If converting NA --> TT, I would leave the interior harness and gauge cluster alone. They will work with the TT setup. Get a stand alone boost gauge because the stock one sux. You would be insane to add the Hicas system or stock electronic adjustable suspension to a NA so you will not
need the TT interior harness. I would leave all major wiring harnesses alone when doing a conversion.

5. MAF, PTU, TPS, IAA, AIV, EGR, O2 sensors, Detonation sensor, Coolant temperature sensor are all the same.

6. The electrical AC Condenser fan is different on a TT. The motor has three wires (2 speed) going to it as opposed to two (one speed) on the NA. But you can get by with the NA one on a conversion. The mechanical fan is the same but the fan clutch is different. The TT’s have a yellow dot on the front and are tighter than the NA’s with an orange dot.

7. The starters are all the same.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
By the way Dave - there are a couple things from your TT donor car that I will buy if you have them:

I need the underbody engine splash shield (the back one) if it's in good shape, and I would LOVE to get the two brake lines that run out from the master cylinder (I rounded off the bolts that go into the side of the master cylinder). So that would mean I need the lines AND the bolts in good shape. Any chance these are available??? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
my two buds that have done the swap used the original na harness with no probs, but i urged them to at least swap in a new na harness, they didnt-they are starting to get expensive if you havent noticed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.