ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend and he has a 320, I believe it's a 1999, he needs his front brakes changed and the only place around here that will mess with this car is the dealer and they told me something stuipd like $500 to change the front ones, so he asked me if I would do it for him, I never touched a beemer before, how hard is it to change the brakes on those things??? same as the Z?? special tools???

any help would be great.

thanks guys

Post Edited (Apr 28, 6:40pm)

·
Registered
163 Posts
i never had a prob but MINE was an 84 3 series...i doubt its very hard

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Brakes are probably easier then the Z31's. My friend did his on his bimmer in 30 min.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red Beauty84zx
that doesn't help me any because your friend is probably a pro and very familiar with those things :)
me on the other hand don't even know sh*t about B-mers

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
not much different at all, if you,ve done brake work before you shouldnt have a problem. $500 ? must need to make a boat payment.

·
Registered
657 Posts
go ahead and try it.............. im sure you cant fukk too much up...... atleast pull the wheel and check it out........ im sure it cant be too hard......

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats why I hate working on someone elses car, if I screw something up on mine it's OK but I hate taking chances on other proples car.

he was told that there is also a sensor that needs to be changed!!!! what the **** is that??? there is a light in his dash that tells him that he needs new pads, and also that sensor, I wonder where it's at???

thanks you guys, I really apreciate it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is not hard the brakes come off like any other brake job. The sensors are like little buttons that go on with the pads that send the info to the cars computer. I changed the pads on a Benz ML 430 which the same type of set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.