ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what's different with the fuel pumps on the different model Zs?

240 vs. 260 vs 280?

I have a 240 that i'm using the stock pump with an L28 and seem to be having problems.

Are they different in flow or psi? My thought is that they maybe put out different amounts of fuel? Anyone?

Tom

· Registered
10 Posts
240s and 260s use low pressure fuel pumps (about 5 psi) while a 280 needs much higher psi to run the fuel injection (upwards of 35psi). If the 280 is still fuel injected you're going to need a pump that can deliver the proper pressure. If it's carburetted the 240 pump should work fine for the L28, but you should also have the mechanical fuel pump as well. You may need to make some modifications to mount the mechanical pump depending on the cylinder head you're using.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
In our autox car (240) we are running an L28 with triple Weber DCOE's and only a stock mechanical pump, and it supplies them just fine. My street driven 240 is running just a Facet electric pump in the rear and it runs just fine. Any mechanical or electric pump should work ok as long as it is regulated to the correct pressure at the carbs. As twinturbo240 said though you can't interchange the pumps between f/i system and carb system. Carbs at 3.5-4 psi, (Webers 3-3.5 psi), and f/i at 32-40 psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.