ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While searching my car for defects, I pulled apart the four bullet connectors from the thermotime switch and the water temp sensor and found a horribly spliced resistor placed inline in the positve side of the water temp harness to the ecu. Why would someone do this? I suppose it would affect the mixture, but to what degree? I took it out and didn't notice any affect, I think. I've changed and replaced so much I'm not sure anymore. I looked at the wiring diagram in the FSM and there is definitely not a resistor anywhere in that line.

Kevin
77 280z

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: Anyone heard of a resistor in the water temp h

Good find!

You have found the Previous Owners "fix" to cure their rich running problem. This fools the ECU into leaning the mixture out, thinking that the car is warmed up.

Obviously they had a problem that they couldn't fix. Ditch the resistor. If your car is running too rich, there is a reason.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts

enrichment circuit. I got one. if you got the nob on it turn it counter clock wise all the way to right. that's bypassing it

·
Registered
67 Posts

I built one for myself and have been experimenting with it. The temp sensor that goes to the ECU does not measure water temperature. If you pull it out, you will not see any water. It measures cyl. head temp, and tells the ecu when to go into closed loop operation. A Higher resistance (resistor inline) will fool the ECU into open loop and will cause a longer pulse on the injectors (richer Mixture). Mine works great on my 83zxt, especially when cold and prevents any stumbling whatsoever. I made up a selectable rotary version. I did not realize anyone else out there had one. I am also using a similiar circuit on the inlet air circuit. Not much chane there however. Any one else out ther using this approach to power enhancement?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts

I don't rich it too much I got N/A so I don't need to be too rich. For anyone interesting. the part number is 53C2 1500 RV4LAYSA 152A made by clarostat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.