ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’ve got an interesting question. So my dome light cover in my 1987 300ZX has seen its last day, it just disentegrated into dry rotted powder the other day, and I definitely don’t have another one. I also would really not like to pay the 40+ dollars the folks online would like to sell them for. So, I’d like to try and experiment, and 3D print one if possible. The only issue is, I don’t have the dimensions of the cover because it is totally dissolved. If anyone happens to have the dimensions for this cover, or is willing to sell one for like $10-$15 please let me know!! Thanks guys.
-Carson

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Hey guys, I’ve got an interesting question. So my dome light cover in my 1987 300ZX has seen its last day, it just disentegrated into dry rotted powder the other day, and I definitely don’t have another one. I also would really not like to pay the 40+ dollars the folks online would like to sell them for. So, I’d like to try and experiment, and 3D print one if possible. The only issue is, I don’t have the dimensions of the cover because it is totally dissolved. If anyone happens to have the dimensions for this cover, or is willing to sell one for like $10-$15 please let me know!! Thanks guys.
-Carson
i'd just go check out your salvage yards and see if you can find a car that still has its lense. 300zxpartsforyou.com has this cover new for 35 bucks shipped.

Bon

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 86 cover that is in bad shape but entire perimeter and switch opening is still intact.. To get accurate dimensions and cad model it properly would take over an hour. I could send a photo of it on graph paper though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 86 cover that is in bad shape but entire perimeter and switch opening is still intact.. To get accurate dimensions and cad model it properly would take over an hour. I could send a photo of it on graph paper though.
Oh dude that would really be a lot of help! If I can just get the measurements, I can CAD model something of some respectable caliber I’m sure. Also kinda surprised to see anybody respond to this old thread lol. But that picture would surely help me out a lot as I haven’t paid for one yet or anything. Thanks a bunch man. -Retro

·
Registered
4 Posts
I
Oh dude that would really be a lot of help! If I can just get the measurements, I can CAD model something of some respectable caliber I’m sure. Also kinda surprised to see anybody respond to this old thread lol. But that picture would surely help me out a lot as I haven’t paid for one yet or anything. Thanks a bunch man. -Retro
I went ahead and built a model in Rhino. Its not perfect, but should be printable and fit relatively well.
I cant upload .stl files... looks like only images are allowed. Send me your email and Ill send it to you. Im [email protected] View attachment 106629

1 - 6 of 6 Posts