ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at changing out the Axxis Ultimates on one of my cars to Porterfield R4-S pads. The specs are better on these pads and I wanted to try them out at our next lapping day.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
My friend Brandon has them on his Z... he said he spent a ton of money but to him he said it was worth it... However, he said going from the stock sumotomo brakes to these it was a huge difference in stopping power... But since your brakes are upgraded already i don't think you'd notice to big a difference, maybe a little

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
yeah... i know him, how do you know him?

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Not positive, but I think he hung out at JK a lot and got to know my sister's boyfriend real well, who introduced him to me. I reccommended he get the Ash-Spec ECU because he was about to dump twice the money into the JWT one. The only time I met him was at Bojangles one morning before going to work with the audio installer I mentioned in the thread about interior fabric. He was a nice guy.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Have you tried the Axxis Ultimates Julius?
Found a pretty good deal on them.....
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AXXIS-ULTIMATE-PADS-FOR-300ZX-FREE-S-H_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33567QQitemZ7904549930QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V>

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True, the Axxis Ultimates are on my car now and I'm looking for a pad that's just a easy on the rotors but has a higher tolerance to temperature and fade resistance. The Porterfield R4-S pads fit the bill just great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.