ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No, they're even worse than the first owners...

> N/C
they are slower and they do not fullfill their promises when you subscribe. Wouldnt be suprised if they went out of business

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: No, they're even worse than the first owners..

> they are slower and they do not fullfill
> their promises when you subscribe. Wouldnt
> be suprised if they went out of business

By all things good and holy, they should go out of business. Their service was awful.
I sent an e-mail to the new owner when they sent out that letter in the summer. The guy sent me back a really obnoxious response because i said I didn't want to see
more coverage of 510's and bluebirds and that Potter guy was a kook. Damned If I'm going to renew my subscription.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

> I sent an e-mail to the new owner when they
> sent out that letter in the summer. The guy
> sent me back a really obnoxious response
> because i said I didn't want to see
> more coverage of 510's and bluebirds and
> that Potter guy was a kook. Damned If I'm
> going to renew my subscription.

I, also, thought inclusion of 510's and roadsters was a foolish mistake as they would alienate more Z subscribers than they would gain in 510 and roadster subscribers. Some people seem to think we're all one big happy family, but the three cars and their owners have little in common except the name Datsun.

Unfortunately, Marc Sayer, the new owner, developed the reputation for not getting jobs done on time long before he took over the magazine. It looks like nothing has changed.

And I agree with you about Potter. I've known him for many years, and he's extremely knowledgeable but very harsh and opinionated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I, also, thought inclusion of 510's and roadsters was a foolish mistake as they would alienate more Z subscribers than they would gain in 510 and roadster subscribers. Some people seem to think we're all one big happy family, but the three cars and their owners have little in common except the name Datsun.

Unfortunately, Marc Sayer, the new owner, developed the reputation for not getting jobs done on time long before he took over the magazine. It looks like nothing has changed.

And I agree with you about Potter. I've known him for many years, and he's extremely knowledgeable but very harsh and opinionated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I, also, thought inclusion of 510's and roadsters was a foolish mistake as they would alienate more Z subscribers than they would gain in 510 and roadster subscribers. Some people seem to think we're all one big happy family, but the three cars have little in common except the name Datsun.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

> I, also, thought inclusion of 510's and
> roadsters was a foolish mistake as they
> would alienate more Z subscribers than they
> would gain in 510 and roadster subscribers.
> Some people seem to think we're all one big
> happy family, but the three cars have little
> in common except the name Datsun.

> Unfortunately, Marc Sayer, the new owner,
> developed the reputation for not getting
> jobs done on time long before he took over
> the magazine. It looks like nothing has
> changed.

> And I agree with you about Potter. I've
> known him for many years, and he's extremely
> knowledgeable but very harsh and
> opinionated.
Yeah, and the real sad part is that they thought they were doing such a great job too.
C'mon, 48 pages and three an dfour months late. Then cancelling certain issues
altogether. I mean how much trouble would it have been to do in depth profiles
of readers rides. From what I remember, Hot Rod must spend 15 to 20 pages of each issue with readers rides. I went to the Pennsy National show and no one from the magazine was even there. Then get this, in the first issue they have a Q& A session with Sal from Motorsport Auto. Next time I ordered something I asked Sal jokingly How does it feel to be a celebrity? You know what he says. They didn't even tell him his comments were going to be in a magazine. What the **** is that? Then how to turn your z car into a convertible Oh, that was a winner. I'm sure everyone out they're has the skill to pull that one off. You know how much skill and experience
it would require to do that job correctly? Why not have an article in the magazine that most readers would have half a chance of completing on their own.
I hope that new guy (sayers) does a better job than that first Loser. BTw, whose idea
was it to hire that boob Potter to begin with? I mean c'mon. I'm sure the guy is
a wiz with Z cars, but he came across as a really bitter man. I mean the guy, spent two friggin pages saying Alot of people think they have a 3.1 Liter, but they don't
The guy spent two pages describing this. Here's what I would have put in that magazine.

Bolt on upgrades
Tons of Do it yourself Rust reapirs with pics. They could devote an entire magazine to this alone. They showed pictures of Rust, but never any of it getting fixed.
Painting 101: The basics. Show how someone with a minimum of tools willing to get a little dirty, can prep their car themselves.
More, more, more readers ride with COLOR PICS
1/4 Mile times: before and after. Profile the effect of times after installing certain upgrades.
Junk car of the month: Show the worst car possible with an honorable mention of the
submitter
List what year parts will fit in what year car. i.e. Will an 82 five speed bolt up in a 73?

When I get my wife to build me a web page. These are some of the things I'm going to cover.
Later. :)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

> From what I remember, Hot
> Rod must spend 15 to 20 pages of each issue
> with readers rides.

> how to
> turn your z car into a convertible Oh,
> that was a winner. I'm sure everyone out
> they're has the skill to pull that one off.
> You know how much skill and experience
> it would require to do that job correctly?
> Why not have an article in the magazine that
> most readers would have half a chance of
> completing on their own.

Yes, I do love hearing about some of the 'extravegant' upgrades but those of us with a very limited budget need things to read too.

> Bolt on upgrades

Yes, with the pro's and con's. Some actual dyno testing of these instant horsepower upgrades along with what upgrades really need other upgrades to make a difference

> Tons of Do it yourself Rust reapirs with
> pics. They could devote an entire magazine
> to this alone. They showed pictures of Rust,
> but never any of it getting fixed.
> Painting 101: The basics. Show how someone
> with a minimum of tools willing to get a
> little dirty, can prep their car themselves.

Tips for everything from the Show car finish to the daily drive, car currently looks like ****, really needs something paint jobs.

> More, more, more readers ride with COLOR
> PICS
> 1/4 Mile times: before and after. Profile
> the effect of times after installing certain
> upgrades.

The classic, first he tried this and this was the result then he tore it all off and tried this. (save some of us that first step)

> Junk car of the month: Show the worst car
> possible with an honorable mention of the
> submitter
> List what year parts will fit in what year
> car. i.e. Will an 82 five speed bolt up in a
> 73?

There are very few Z's that are very much alike, everyone wants something different out of theirs and puts different things into them. Lets see some variety in the articles too. But I cancelled my subscription the first time they tossed in a 510 and the 'new' nissan lineup so i'm just rambling now....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.