ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site - seems pretty cool. Anyone, just wanted to know if anyone is going to Atco, NJ this Sunday (11/8) for the drag racing. I'll be bringing my '79, which is turbocharged and currently running 12.3's @112 (at Englishtown this past Sunday). If anyone is interested in meeting out there, let me now. Or if you want to see my car, look
in the reader's Rides Section of this month's Turbo. This is the prelude to (hopefully) the full spread sometime next spring, after my real motor goes in, and the coil-overs and new rims (17's) are installed!! I don't mean to come off like an a-hole for touting my Z's appearace in the mag, but i'm proud, since these cars, specially the older ones, are far underappreciated for their performance capabilities.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I was just at Barnes & Noble and saw your car in the mag. Pretty cool! I think our cars are about the same in speed and quickness. I haven't had a run at the track since all of my upgrades, but I raced a 12.4 Rx7 from a roll and was edging ahead. That was at 18psi of boost and I normally run 19 on the street and 21 at the track. Can you give me some specs on your setup. Here is my car under James Thagards' Z.
www.arches.uga.edu/~dbarry/

> I'm new to this site - seems pretty cool.
> Anyone, just wanted to know if anyone is
> going to Atco, NJ this Sunday (11/8) for the
> drag racing. I'll be bringing my '79, which
> is turbocharged and currently running 12.3's
> @112 (at Englishtown this past Sunday). If
> anyone is interested in meeting out there,
> let me now. Or if you want to see my car,
> look
> in the reader's Rides Section of this
> month's Turbo. This is the prelude to
> (hopefully) the full spread sometime next
> spring, after my real motor goes in, and the