ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are truly building motors soon or doing so now? I kinda think of myself as a Z car kinda parts seller and am woundering if it would be worth putting together engine kits with ARP fasteners and forged pistons. I'm putting a pair of these motors together now so I may post prices on what it cost. You think?

Alex C

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I am in the process of building my 500 horse turbo motor right now. It is a 3.2 liter forged custom pistons with full floating pins, bronze bushing rods, sonic tested and offset bored block, heavely ported head, custom dished pistons to the exact shape of the head, with orings in the block and solid copper head gasket, and the list goes on and on. I already have all of these parts, So I dont think I would need any from you. But you never know.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I like getting my own stuff rather then using a middleman... no offense ;)
All one has to do... is a little "research" then "decide" what he/she wants their motor to be like.

Then there's probably some people who would like a kit as long as you offer a range of set ups.

Good luck Alex

·
Registered
94 Posts
i plan on rebuilding my l28et this winter and would love to know what kind of deal u could give me on a full kit to support like 600 hp, a kit like forged pistions, rods, arp bolts, head gskt, ect email me at [email protected], or post it here i am sure many other people would like to know how much also

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Engine kit with:
Forged pistons
Detroit gaskets
Cleivite 77 bearings
Mellings timing kit
$960.00

With ARP rod and head studs $1165.00

Is this a deal? I'm trying to make something happen at this new store I am at and hooking up the Zcommers. Let me know.

Alex C
Horsepower Sales
305-969-1895

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Hey Gex...you ever been in a car with 600hp before? True, with forged pistons, some aftermarket rods and crank, you can make your Z motor make 600hp...but are you going to have a transmission, differential, driveshaft, and frame made out of titanium with 5' wide tires on the back? Cuz if not you're going to blow up your tranny and diff, snap your driveshaft and twist the frame...that is assuming you don't melt the wimpy 225 max you can fit on Z wheels lol

Ya know little Z cars with stock V8s making right at 300hp can flat out annihilate most cars on the steet today. Even 350-400hp out of a turbo motor or v8 will pound just about any factory car made, at least that you'll ever have the joy of driving next to on the highways. That more realistic power number will comfortably put you into Ferrari territory as far as 1/4. That is assuming you can really drive the car.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
38 Motors?

Stonehenge, **** dude, I guess you know whereof you speak. Do you rebuild motors for a living or are you some kind of mechanical savant?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.