ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at either the TR motorsport sniper or the enkei RF 1 would they fit a 78 z and are there any other types of rims that will fit I'm having trouble finding aftermarket rims for my Z. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
HEy Fg,keep in mind you need to be looking for rims for a rear wheel drive car first.Many companies make very few rear wheel drive rims.Try ordering Motorsports catalog,they have a few decent looking rims made especially for your Z.Otherwise,I beleive Compact sports car magazine has a lot of listings for rim companies,you might be able to find 1 or 2 that will fit..What are you looking for..Some low profiles or something?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim Cook Racing: Centerline Sustom Billet Rims

I just spoke with Sandy Cook at Jim Cook Racing the other day and she really know her rims. You can get custom made Centerline rim at 15X7 15X8 15X10, 16X8 16X9.5 and maybe 16X10. She said they could use any of the billet series center sections. They also have sweet flares similar to Scotties for $129 a pair. The rims went for $200-$275 per rim depending on size. I am pretty sure these are three piece modular wheels also. They vary in weight between 19-22lbs, but that is still **** light!
Later,
Tim Deesen
71' 240ZT

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Jim Cook Racing: Centerline Sustom Billet Rim

Centerline are not three piece. Billet aluminum. They can look nice on a z. I like them on flaired and lowered ones, but not on a stock appearing. I like my Panasports, but they are 14's. i hate to spend the money just to upgrade to 16s (mainly to get better tire selection and footprint), but may end up doing it. The only three piece rims I've found are upwards of $500 a piece. Of course with a true 3 piece rim you can get any size, backspace, and width you want as long as the company makes the right bolt pattern basic piece. Which is not a problem on our cars.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
$200 Center Lines on Zack

I went through the same dilemma on wheels and ended up ordering from Center Line though my local Discount Tire Store. Since I went from 14" to 16" I needed to get tires too. Opted for the store brand 225HR50-16's on the Center Line Trident III two-piece 16x7" aluminum wheel. Total package - wheels, tires, lug nuts, mounted, dynamic balance, and lifetime warantee came to $1301.
Phantom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.