ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the repost, this is an extention of the topic below.......

But has anybody ever seen a 1981 280zx Turbo Black & Silver 2 tone?
This car has got to be extremely rare.

The car has a black interior.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Anybody ever see a 1981 Black & Silver Turbo?..No, this is t

No 81 Turbos were built in two tone black and silver....At least none ever came to the US.... The two tone black and silver 79 to 81 combos, where the silver in on the hood, only came with the black vinyl interior since no black GL cloth was offered and all Turbos were GL cars.. Strange as it is, a two tone black and silver 79 to 81 ZX would be a base model.... The colors offered on the 81 Turbo were........ Black, white, copper, red, silver, and only two of the 5 two tone combos at the time and those two were the well known blue and silver which I think was the best 280ZX color combo by far and the two tone dark red and silver which is also rare to see today.... The other 79 to 81 two tones were gold over brown, black over silver, black over red and black over gold "10th cars-1980" and dark gray over silver.... Interior colors were.... Black vinyl, red vinyl, tan vinyl, tan GL, red GL, two tone blue and silver GL, plus two leather combos of red or tan and the leather seats had head rests instead of the highback buckets.... The 82 and 83 ZX two tones were changed around to where the dark color was now on the hood and the light color was on the rest or the car....All 82 and 83 cars also now had the lowback seats with the headrests just like the 80/81 leather cars and all the 2+2 cars..... I'm sure this helps..........

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah, forgot the kicker
I just imported it from Canada, eh!

This thing is a beauty. and it's the real deal, all numbers check out.

Sounds like RICHELIEU knows their stuff. But how rare would this be worldwide? Total Production?

The car is a turbo, black and silver 2 tone, with the cloth high backs, black interior. The speedo is Kilos on top and mph in the orange. It goes to like 200kph and 120mph.

I'm in NJ with it right now (drove here without a hitch), and it's going on a train tomorrow the rest of the way to Tampa.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am also in N.J. Email me and stop over to see my cars.

I know you still want a copy of my window sticker.. If you are in New Jersey, Email me and come by my place to see my "new" 81 Turbo! I would also love to see your new car.... I also want to know about the black cloth interior....I never ever heard of a black cloth ZX interior, at least not in the US but then again you said it came from Canada.... Email me tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.