ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old L24 on my Z just kicked the bucket(blew the rings and need head work) and I am putting a Rebuilt F54 block in my old 240Z. I am putting the larger valves and having the cam reground on my E-88. What problem may I incounter changing blocks and removing the head?? What do I need to watch out for?? I have a Chiltons book to guide me so I feel pretty safe what else do I need to know??

Dustin

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Any tips or Tricks for installing a L28 needed

I don't have experience directly with the L24. Are you changing over to an L28? Datsun built everything so wonderfully interchangeable. I would be very suprised if you encountered any problems at all.

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

I did the same swap without changing heads or anything
a couple of things I remember was use you L24 pulley, it is smaller than the one off the l28 and is cheap hp
the water outlet on the bottom on the l28 was a bit diffrent also , it lined up better with the l24 outlet to the 240 radiator.
other than that it was not to bad, the hard part for me was putting a 5 speed in at the same time, clutch collars and shift forks and slave cylinders can get a bit confusing, let me know if you have any spesific questions involving the swap, you are on your own with the head swap, I am sure there are plenyy of people here though that could help you with that one
have fun(don't do it if it's not fun) :)
Curt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

absolutely remember the crank pulley, use the L-24. The original fan hits the L-28 pulley.I switched to electric fan and it just don't cut it (matter of fact I'm gonna post that).You prolly want to make sure you have the flattop pistons too. As far as the 5-speed I just used my ' 72 adjustable one..it was pretty new. can't think of any other problems...went right in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.