ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I would have any problems with getting rid of my egr setup on my 83. I don't have to worry about emmissions being in canada, so that's no concern. Any cold weather problems? Anybody done this? how did you plug the mannifolds? Is there any other emmissions bs I can ditch? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance

Dylan

Calgary, Alberta

·
Registered
558 Posts
In case no one else replies - I don't have an answer for you, only this - when I asked about the EGR, as when I got my 79 the main tube running to/from it was missing, the answers were many and contradicting. Yes, it effects fuel consumption. No, it doesn't. Yes, it affects performance. No, it doesn't... I'm not complaining - ask for how to make ice and you'll get a million answers. Just proves we're all different.

Hopefully your asking may illicit a few more answers.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I took off the EGR after installing 6 in 1 header on my 78. It runs fine. you don't really have to plug the intake manifold since the EGR is diaphram valve that stays close except during deccelaration. I don't know about cold start because I'm in AL. It never get below 30's

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have an 83 zxt with the egr.removed. The car idles better and still passes emissions testing. The egr area is capped with an aluminum plate . My 82zxna
also passed with the egr inoperative.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx dave, my next project is going to be finding some scraps of aluminum to get that patched. Did you pull the valve right off?? Did you just plug the vaccume line? What did you do to get the manifold blocked off (using a header)? Always a ton of questions from me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.