ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what you guys use for your big turbo power? Currently i am using a t3/t4 (small though) only pushes out about 300cfm's. What i plan to use is a turbonetics 60-1. anyone using this turbo? any suggestion on what turbo you like? tell me i wanna know.
later
brian

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
I'm running a TO4E and it pushes out 25-30psi and with the higher compression I am running it works out very well. I come up on full boost at about 3K The unit is being run with a stock exhaust turbine housing machined out to run the T4 exhaust turbine wheel.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The 60-1 is not for the faint of heart. This is a pretty big turbo for us L6 guys. You had better have some serious engine managment to support the HP potential of a 60-1. Programmable DFI of some kind is a must, as well as big (550cc/min or better) injectors. You will also need a big fuel pump (255lph or better) not to mention building the engine to handle the power (forged pistons, etc.). Properly done, a 60-1 can do about 500+ hp on an L6. Good luck!!!

Ian

·
Registered
470 Posts
60-1

I used to run this turbo before swapping to a larger T64 and then on to my current twin 16G turbo's. The 60-1 is a nice turbo for the street and responds very well. You can generate in the [email protected] with this turbo on pump gas with about 18psi. BTW, the stock turbo generates more than 300cfm, more like 500cfm or a bit less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.