Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all,,

Today i went to a pick and pull and bought a new door to replace the rust one.. So Now I think it would be a good idea to replace my old door lock with a new one. i removed the pin and I was wondering if i should push or something from the outside, or push from the inside? there is this little metal thing on the side of it i'm trying to push out but its kinda hard, any tips or how to do this?
sorry if i confused u
thanks
yuichi

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yuichi,
it is a spring loaded latch that holds the lock in place. You should be able to force it over to one side with a big screw driver. Be careful not to let it fall down into the door. They have a tendency to drop behid the reinforcing member in the middle of the door and then its just a real funtime trying to get them out.
It's a fairly simple maneuver. Just go slow and easy.
Phantom.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Yuichi, My Old Friend...

Let me add this to the good advice Phantom gave you. When you work on your door lock it's an awful good idea to have a dentist's mirror and a light source. Everything in the door is very simple, but you can get into big trouble if you try and force something because you can't see what you're doing. If you haven't got a dentist's mirror, any small looking glass will do. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys 1 more thing

So i push from outside and do i just push the circle part in the middle or what about the outside ring around the circle? i don't push that right?
hehe i'm in Labor! push push hehe jk
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>On #2 thing...</b>

Like today for instance while I was trying to repair my passenger window regulator and THOUGHT I had all the rollers back in their channels. ****, where did all that shattered glass come from ??? Guess I won't have to worry about that window being a pain in the ass to roll up anymore :( Thats the first time in a couple of months that I've been glad we're not getting any rain here (FL)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Sorry About That, dfr74.0

Years ago I picked up a dentist's mirror at a flea market for about a buck. So far I figure the thing must have saved me about 1,000 hours of copious swearing, $500 in parts that didn't break cause I couldn't see 'em, and countless layers of hide on my knuckles. I'd call that a bargain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.