ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently replacing the clutch on my 85 n/a and the next step in the process is to remove a few electrical connectors on or near the tranny itself. The book (Haynes Manual) lists the connections but doesn't provide any illustrations.

Any hints on the location of:

Reverse Switch
Neutral Switch
(there was one more? not at home with book damnit)

Thanks for any tips in advance :).

Post Edited (Apr 13, 8:14am)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help 88hybrid, I'll check it out again tonight when I get back under. Feels good to be moving forward with it again. I worked all day yesterday at work then worked on the Z all night at home. Got up at 5:45 AM and worked on it again for 2 hours before work.

WOOHOO!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
958 Posts
lol. I just recently dropped the transmission. was a HUUUGE problem. The bolts that connect the front tube to the manifold had rusted and ugh. we ended up just cutting them off and rethreading them. Wasn't a very fun job. Anyway, if you just look the transmission top to bottom you can see pretty easily what needs to be disconnected. Pretty much if it connects to the transmission, take it off. BTW, I suggest you get some help when you actually try to take the transmission off. I don't know what it was exactlly but mine didn't just slide out.. or slide back in. Around the same spot it caught going in and out and it just wouldnt come out. I dont understand why either.

Anyway, if you have any ?'s ask me cuz im pretty fresh with the material, and im about to have to drop the transmission again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.