ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that ISKY Cams are rather inexpensive when bought direct from ISKY. I also know that there is a difference between a CAM that's been re-ground and one that ground from a billet. Does anyone have any experience with ISKY? What's kind of strange is how their CAMs vary in price from $152 to $174. Of their nine L24/L28 CAM grinds, which is best for a L28 with a 42DCOE triple weber set-up and an E31 head with larger L28 valves installed?

http://www.iskycams.com/

· Registered
76 Posts
Re: Any experience with ISKY Cams for L24 or L28 e

Yes I have experience with Isky cams. Some of the billet cams are not as good as a regrind. There metallurgical problems between rocker arm material and camlobematerial. You should be talking to a technician at Isky about what you need. Can you define an rpm range you want to be operating at? what kind of gear spread can your transmission handle. what compression ratio? what kind of idle quality are you willing to put up with? are you willing to loose vacuum brakes at low rpm ? how much does your car weigh? engine displacement? you have a smaller weber sidedraft... what chokes do you have in those webers? etc etc...
I race a 72 510, I have never picked my cam. I always have the camgrinder guys do that. I usually finnish in the top three. the weighs 2050 with the driver, usable power range is 4000 to 8000 .510 inch lift on the intakes, and .490 on the exhausts, will idle hot only down to 1100 rpm with weber 40 dcoe with 32mm chokes. in order to 8000 rpm i had to change valve springs, lash pads reatiners, and valve keepers to keep rocker geometry in such a manner as not to fall off the heel of the rubbing pads, keep the rocker arm from crashing into the spring retainer and get the installed valve spring height correct,

william 71 240z 72 510 four door race

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.