ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on getting good sound in my 260Z. I have two 6X9 in boxes behind the seats on the rear deck a 12" sub way in back but I need to put speakers in the front somewhere without having magnets showing through the outside of the car. :eek:)

Any cool suggestions would be helpful.....

· Registered
326 Posts
For sound in the front of my 240Z, I installed speakers in the kick panels... but this might be more difficult depending on year, in '72 the fusebox was in front of the shift lever (is it there, or in the passenger side kick panel, on yours?)
Now, there are many schools of thought on this one. I used 1/2" MDF, painted flat black to blend in to the surrounding area. (I'm sure there are folks reading this who cringe- but here's my reasoning. Nissan used *cardboard* to trim this area of the car. Not excusing their cheapness- but if I were to build curved fiberglass enclosures and finish them in tweed, I think it would stand out like the proverbial sore thumb. I'm not into attracting attention after I had my MTX 10" subs and boxes stolen.)
Current setup: Infinity 5.25" in rear corners, JBL 6.5" in kick panels, Pioneer cassette, Sony 10-disc, Rockford 8" sub behind passenger seat. Amps by ADS, and you know what? At 90 MPH, the 2.5" exhaust still gets the last word!

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.