ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about making my own custom lower lip for the fascia of my baby anyway if its broken it needs to be replaced so i thought maybe I'd give it a try. before i begin anyone out there got any advice on how to do it? :-D

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope not at all.. but I like trying things out most of the time they work out fine...
I've always thought that you always need to be agressive and take the first step to learning

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
It would be easier to take the fascia off and turn the chin up to the sky. Use duct tape on the back side to hold the parts in line. Scuff up the chin with coarse sandpaper (if you want to apply FG and leave it) or apply light lube (so the FG can be pulled off to be glued back on later). But it's more sweat than brains. Just get a FG kit or 2 from Pep Boys and follow the instructions. It will take a lot of sanding and maybe some re-application of FG to get it the way you want it. Then prime/paint or rubberized undercoat/paint or bedliner/paint, depending on the finish you want.

Post Edited (Jan 3, 5:34pm)

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
btw...I don't mix resin then dunk the fabric. I use lots of cheap paint brushes. I lay dry fabric down and then heavily "paint" the resin onto it.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks man I appreciate your advice I'll post pics once I'm done... quick question...
so I make a mold for it and then take off the fascia and just put the FG on it and then the resin so that they glue together? or should i make two separate pieces and them bolt them together?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.