Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all,

I 'm thinking of doing a hood swap on my 240Z by going down to the junkyard and picking up a 280 77-78 hood with the hood louvers like the ZX, now i haven't seen this question posted before, but are there any real advantages to this or disadvantages? Like lets the engine cool down easier breathe more? Or disadvantages like water getting in there... etc.. just a curious question of me so if you know anything please let me know
TIA
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Well, this is just my opinion, but "YES", I think that hood louvers do serve a purpose.
(1) Heat rises, therefore, if you give the heat a place to vent, it will keep your engine cooler.
(2) I have a 280ZXT & the driver side louver helps keep the turbo cool.
(3) The right side, I think, feeds air to the blower motor that is attached to the right side of the engine.

Now as for the water getting in, I would think that it would be very minimal & shouldn't pose a problem. However, you might see what will sit underneath & behind those louvers should you put a hood w/louvers on your car.

Hope this helps
Mike

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Yo

Yuichi chan. Do you really have a Z? In one of your previous post you were going to look at your 1st Z car. Did you get one yet? Ojisan-wa chotodaki kitchigai (Grandpa is a little crazy) toe watakshi-no Z is in the garage (and my Z is in the garage). Mata (later).

·
Registered
650 Posts
on old yuichi's behalf...

yeah hes actually got two of them now. i went with him last weekend to check out a 72 and the lucky son of a gun picked it up for $500. yes running. still had the stock L24, but with headers and straight pipe, striped out smog system and zx six star rims.

hey yuich, remember, if you dont want it i will give you back your $500 for it. =)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: on old yuichi's behalf...

I might be thinking of someone else but don't you have a yellow 280zxt with a wing and a custom hood scoop.Plus a 280zxR and now a 240z.I think I saw this on your website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.