ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to insure my 72 and 73 project cars with antique car insurance. I basically need to insure the car's so they can be parked on the street and on rare occassions
driven to a shop. I had to mail in pictures to the insurance company of the cars. They shot down my application because of the condition of the cars (they are both in very, very rough shape) Doe's anybody know anything about this. I thought the car had to be a certain age and driven for certain reasons. I understand that you can't drive the car for everyday use, but I'm pretty pissed off that the car's have to be "show quality" . That's the term they used. Any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried the same thing, you have to actually show the car in car shows to get that type of insurance, won't work for us with daily drivers, or modified cars, however I found that if you insure the car for a reasonable amount, it really is not that expensive through normal insurance companies espesially if yuou do not drive it say over 12 k a year
thats what I did

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: antique car insurance 72 & 73 240z?????

Insurance is a pain the butt. I recently got my 72 insured for $7000 thru my local State Farm agent, cost $75 per 6 months in Georgia for full coverage. Keep in mind my car is in nice shape. As far as project cars, I would recommend low liability limits, as you don't drive it often, and to also carry comprehensive and possible collison, if you think that you might wreck it yourself. Keep in mind with an auto policy, settlement for losses will be on an actual cash value. That means that in the event of a total loss you will be paid based on the market value of the vehicle. This can be either a good thing or a bad thing. Depending on your insurance company or calims adjuster you could be up for a "cat fight" when deternining the value of the vehicle.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.