ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put several thousand dollars into my Z and several more to go. I use "The Club", park it in a locked garage, and try to park in areas where it will be less likely to be stolen. I would feel great pain if it was stolen. What are you guys doing... alarms, ignition switch bypass, LOJACK?? I'm also interested in ways to properly insure it's value to me just in case. Someone posted a message saying that there was an article regarding insurance in the Georgia Z club Web page but I can't find them on the Net.
BTW, I work part time at Nissan Headquarters and there is a 100' banner all white with a big black Z logo on the main building.
I think that the new Z will make our cars woth more and keep the flow of parts and interest alive.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mines easy I put a swich in my car that disable the battery and my car dont charge right so I have a swich that will make it charge.

I can say one thing it a cheap way to keep your car in one spot.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>My kill switch</b>

All I did was put a switch in the wires to go to the fuel pump. The wires are easily accessed under the carpet behind the passangers seat.
Zya- Travis 77z

·
Registered
650 Posts
i use an alarm, club and a kill switch to my fuel pump. alot of people put the kill switch to the starter, but if you have a stick this is pretty much pointless, since they can just pop start the car. a kill switch to the battery is also a great idea.

i think the kill switch is the most effective and cost effective anti-theft device you can put on your car, but dont rely souly on that. the club is also a good deterent. but if you want to go all out, pick up the Grant detachable steering wheel. i'd like to see them steal it then =)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fuel pump is a good idea because that will allow them to move the car which changes its insurrance status so they will pay more. There are a couple of systems that allow the person to start the car and drive a few feet before dieing. Not sure what it does to the insurrance but something important. I'm not sure about doing this on a turbo because of detonation under low fuel pressure when trying to be driven maybe I'm wrong. Sam 75 280z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wire diagram

Hi Travis.. Can you tell me what color code the wires are? My Z goes to the paint shop Monday and I already have about $5500 in it and another $1000 for suspension and exaust. Paint will run another grand. My God.........That is about $7500... Need anti-theft ideas...

·
Registered
382 Posts
RE: Wire diagram

I have the Grant detachable steering wheel, also a battery cut off with removeable key, and a hydraulic front brake lock with key. I also have a hidden kill switch to the ignition. I will be putting in a mercury switch and siren in case someone jacks the car up to tow it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.