ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has used seats from anything other than an Eclipse/Talon. I'm having a hard time finding some out of an Eclipse. I own a 71 240Z

·
Registered
507 Posts
Miata

I have Miata seats in my 72 240. They look completely appropriate in the car. They are very similar to the original shape. Mine are out of a Mark 1 miaita 1990-98. I paid $90 for the pair and $23 to rent a steam cleaner. They look almost new now.

No, they do not just bolt in......but nothing truly does. This was rather easy to do and required no welding. Just a drill and a piece of flat steel from the hardware store.

Drop me a line if you need more details.

-Wayne

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: All Nissan . . .

Talon seats are ok and so are miata and they are cheap and available, but if you want to step up to some of the nicest auto seats available, check out the leather seats that come out of a 91-93 zx. These seats are really nice, comforatble and they fit in my 72 with ease. Also, if you arent that tall, they give you a little height in the car which I actually like. If you are already tall, you may have to screw with the floor mounts to get them low enough to give you headroom. Also, the drivers side is power which is kind of cool. The only downside to these seats is that they are a little bit heavy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got some nice Acura Integra seats with good side bolsters and lumbar support for cheap at a junk yard. Fit great - Right height and width. What I needed to do was take the slides off the stock seats and those of the Acura(So all your left with is the Acura seat with metal bottom plate)

Next go to a welding shop and have them weld the stock rails (mine required small metal shims to ensure rails even and lined up) onto the bottom of the new seats. Quite inexpensive procedure if you are willing to put in a little work.. Look awesome and very comfortable too. B.K .

·
Registered
26 Posts
How tall are you guys?

Height is a huge issue with seat installs. Can you guys give us your height and inseam measurements? I am 6'4" with a 34" inseam and have not found a good seat yet that give me the needed headroom. I have tried rebuilt stock seats (currently for sale:), CRX Si, Corbeau Sport.

Regards,
Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.